Friday, January 02, 2009

A year of resolution

My only resolution this year is to make each day the best I can make it.

I often have limitations caused by health or circumstances. I can't change that, but I can change how I handle it.

Today is one of those days. Not feeling up to par and won't go into the details other than to say that Immodium might be a good stock to invest in.

Had planned to go for a nice ride in the Colorado mountains today with my honey. Now, really do not think that would be wise. We shall see about later.

I had a dream. I add it here as an entry in my dream journal.

dream date 09 01 02

dream; three religious groups came together in

one place yet in separate spaces. one Jewish;

one dressed in purple with stones; and Cyn and me. I had

made some kind of a round moist cocoanut

cake for the ceremony. It was about palm sized. Each sect was doing a

separate ceremony at the same time in shallow wings of the room and

limiting the noise and infringement on the others.

I had my drum but felt it would be too intrusive so

began gently tapping the cake which I could hold

in my hand. Cyn was late but sat with me and

began to feel the rhythm. We sat singing with only a low

tone that we made to the motion of the drum stick.

After while it felt like we were through and we sat

quietly. The purple group were still meditating

with their candles and stones. The Jewish group

was using tiny bells and had reached a point

where they to were done... almost. One woman from that wing

appeared to have joined Cyn and me without our

realizing it and asked me where the story was. I

shrugged. she said there had to be a story. I

said so tell one. She said she could but it had to

be about a Marine. I gestured fine, not relating to

the story until moments later when she said it

could be about Scrabble.

I began telling a story about a Marine and his girl

who always played scrabble before he went back to the base.

She was angry and didn't want to play

a game. He said it was more than a game it was

a commitment. The first word she made was v o

l e. he looked at it and asked why not l o v e

where she could get extra points for her v. She

said she didn't want to commit further.

I woke up during the story and realized that I had

been the one telling it even after the woman had

taken the reigns.

I also saw the deeper meaning of the story and of

the elements of the dream.

submitted respectfully. krh


I have already done some introspection this. I love the layers of dreams.

4 comments:

Roxanne St. Claire said...

Great blog, Kathi! I love the layers of dreams, too, especially the ones that linger in your subconscious for days. Like reading a little story while you sleep!

Happy New Year,
Rocki

Playground Monitor said...

I don't remember my dreams. :-( I have restless leg syndrome and take meds to keep my legs calm at night. The meds also keep me from remembering what I dream.

Happy New Year and may 2009 be a great year for you!

Marilyn

Darcien Balog said...

I haven't had a memorable dream since highschool, I think. It is cool that you can remember it the next and have an opportunity to analyze it to see what your subconscious is trying to communicate to you.

raine said...

Interesting dream. ;)
Yours sound a bit like mine--out there.
Happy New Year, Kath!